Set of templates for Software Configuration Management Documents for IEC 62304, ISO/IEC 15288, ISO/IEC 12207, ANSI/EIA-649-B
Download, MS WORD format, 1,963 KB , 110 pages, (also available in PDF format)
Item No.: RCG024CWSEP, Published March 2012
This set of 13 templates for software configuration management (CM) documents, processes and procedures provides a standards-based, ready-to-use baseline that enables you to immediately and effectively begin the configuration management process and assuring that customer quality requirements will be met.
* Software Configuration Management Policy
* Software Configuration Management Strategy
* Software Configuration Management Organization Charts
* Software Configuration Management Plan
* Software Configuration Management Process
* Software Configuration Identification Procedure
* Software Configuration Change Control Procedure
* Software Configuration Status Accounting Procedure
* Software Configuration Item Check-in and Check-out Procedure
* Software Configuration Audits and Reviews Procedure
* Subcontractor Software Configuration Control Procedure
* External Interface Configuration Control Procedure
* Software Product Release and Delivery Procedure
The templates enable engineers and managers to implement effective standards-compliant software configuration management (CM) in compliance with software CM requirements specified in the standards
* ISO/IEC 12207:2008 – Software Life Cycle Processes
* ISO/IEC 15288:2008 – System Life Cycle Processes
* IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software – Software Life Cycle Processes
* ANSI/EIA-649-B - configuration management
For software CM processes and related activities and artifacts, these standards-driven templates provide generic descriptions and instructions that, as needed, can be tailored to specific organization or project needs. This template package is applicable to manual or automated methods. It can be used to manage a highly critical 10-line software work product as well as complex programs containing 1 million lines of code.
These templates will aid a software engineer without extensive knowledge of software configuration management to implement this process. No expensive training or extensive experience is necessary to use the templates. To help users understand more about the processes being supported, explanatory text and diagrams are included.
In addition, this document provides five different aids to help support the CM process. The aids are a document approval matrix, a list of the recommended contents for a software change request, a list of the recommended contents for a status accounting record, a list of common CM acronyms and some information on standards.
CM is a key requirement for software engineers who will design, build and deliver a quality, error-free product. These templates help insure that the CM requirements are fully met.
For 60 days after date of purchase every Template comes with three hours of free consultation for questions concerning the template.